Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Thursday, May 19, 2011

PA Senate Bill 119 Intergenerational Family Care Act

Senate Bill 119

Heroes Among Us
Why It Matters
Strong Families for a Strong Commonwealth
SB-119 Sponsor and Co-Sponsors
Heroes Among Us

I was blessed. Both my parents were in my household. But the demands of their work often left me in the care of my grandparents. For some children, this is not a part-time situation; it’s permanent.
And it’s tough, for all sides. We know how hard it is to parent when you’re in your prime, raising your own child. It’s especially challenging when your step is not as quick, your income not as strong, and it’s someone else’s child. The burdens can be great, especially as food, fuel, and care costs skyrocket.
In the 8th District alone, thousands of grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts, uncles – even cousins and older siblings – heroically step into the breach when children are abandoned by their parents. Hurt, sometimes directionless, and other times even angry, we know the consequences of misdirected young people. We see the results of their rampages in daily news reports. But we can help save a generation. They need us.
Without a doubt, some of the greatest, most long-lasting influences and lessons in my life came from my grandparents. Their continued resolve, love, and support of my development still resonate. Many of today’s elders, parenting a new generation, can have the same impact. Let’s support these heroes among us.

8th Senatorial District

2 comments:

  1. I have been recently awarded my neice, but I am having problems finding programs to assist besides welfare. I hope that their is a website that can have people in these types of situation programs available for them on-line, so that we can get the assistance needed from the government.

    ReplyDelete