Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Dana Lawhon Story

The Dana Lawhon Story

Part 1

My name is Dana Lawhon and this is my story.


Charlie Lawhon, Born January 19, 1980
In 1980 I gave birth to a beautiful boy of 9lbs 13 & ½ ounces, and 23 & ½ inches long. He was the light of my life it was the first time in my life that I really had someone to love that would love me back.

We were very close and had a good life until the day he went to school at 5 years old with a bruise. I noticed it before he went to school and asked him how he got it. He told me that he got it outside playing.

Later that day the school called and told me that they called DHS and they came and picked up my son for that very same bruise.

Poor Charlie was a wreck we had never been separated before. They told me that Charlie told them that his daddy had given him the bruise. I told them have no fear if that is truly what happened I will make sure this man never sees him again so when can I come get him?

I was then informed that it would take a few days for them to check everything out. I called every day after that to see when he was going to come home.

I was then given the opportunity to get a visit which I took. I went to the store and bought one of those split heart necklaces. I gave one half to Charlie and told him to wear it so we could still be together until they would let me have him back. I then put his on and then did the same to me. Poor Charlie cried so and couldn't understand why he could not come home with me. He said they keep asking me about you hitting me "I told them about your time outs but that you never hit me".

He was so confused and frankly so was I. I felt so sorry for my little guy in fact I still cry everyday knowing I will never see him again.

Later on they told me that in checking, they had found that I don't make enough money to support him and that I need to apply for Welfare. I told them but I have been supporting him by myself for 5 years and as you can see- he is clean, well feed and nicely dressed.

I was then told that as soon as I apply for food stamps etc. I could have my son back. That was on Friday so on Monday, I went and applied for services. I was told it could take 30 days to go through. I told them that my child can't come home without these- is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I was told no.


Charlie's baby shoes bronzed
(click image for larger views)

They moved Charlie to a foster home with a man and his son who sexually molested and physically abused my poor boy every day. Of course I did not know this at the time.

I was turned down for Welfare because they said I made $6.00 a month too much to qualify. I told them I will give you the $6.00- I just want my baby back please I am begging you. Child services will not give me my little boy until you do this. I was then told there was nothing they could do for me. I left the building in tears afraid I would never see my little boy and would he think I just abandoned him.

I came up with an idea to picket the Governor's mansion who was George Nigh at the time. I was out there for about 30 minutes before I was approached by Security for the Mansion who told me what I was doing was illegal. He was a very nice man though he didn't arrest me and gave me some numbers of people that I could call. He said that it was also not safe for a little girl like me to be out alone in this neighborhood at night.

The next day I went to the Governor's Office to talk to the lady the Security Guard told me about. When I got there I was told that she would be on vacation for the next 3 weeks. I then asked can I talk to whoever is doing her job while she is gone. I was told there was nobody I would just have to come back in 3 weeks. I told her I don't have 3 weeks this has gone on long enough. She then started to take care of the person behind me.

So I then took it upon myself to try and force the issue. I walked to the door (it was when they were glass before the nice wood door). I sat in front of it and told them all I am not moving nobody gets in or out until somebody helps me get justice for my son and me. A few minutes later a nice Gentleman walked out of his office and told me to come talk to him so I did. I showed him all my papers and he picked up the phone he called DHS and spoke to Mr. Joe Brown and told him that he had 72 hours to get me what I needed to make Child Services happy so I could get Charlie back. He then told me if you don't have what you need call me back and I will take care of it.

As soon as I left, I called Child Services to let them know what was going on. The next week Charlie was returned but things were never the same.

The first few nights he slept in my bed because he was so afraid they were going to take him away again. He had nightmares all the time. I thought this would go away in time but then I did not know what all was giving him the nightmares.

When it didn't go away I decided he needed to see a doctor and see if that would help. Of course I was not allowed to know about their conversations because of privacy but in the end I did learn what happened to him:

At 12 years old Charlie after having another nightmare tried to kill himself. He got a chair and climbed up into the top of my closet and got my gun out of the box I kept it in. He tried to shoot himself in the head but because I always left the first chamber empty the gun didn't fire. While he was trying to figure out what was wrong with the gun he shot himself in the leg and it broke his femur bone all the way from the ankle to the knee.

He was in the hospital for a long time. They had to put screws in his leg and cast it. While he was there I gave the gun to a friend to get rid of for me and vowed to never own one again.

Charlie was hospitalized several more times after that for suicide attempts of one sort or another. One night he left the house to go spend the night with a friend. He kissed me goodbye and said I will see you tomorrow. That night the demons in his mind must have gotten to him. He took his friends (big brother) car and his gun and drove to Texas. When he got to the intersection of Pearl and Maine he shot himself in the head and drove his car into the building.

Dallas police called Oklahoma City Police and told them what they had and that the child was still alive.

I had put out an APB 12 hours earlier but for some reason Oklahoma City said they didn't have any missing persons on their alerts.

Because of that my son died all alone and I was not notified until the next day. I told my friend at 10:00 that I was scared Charlie was gone for good. When I got the Death Certificate the time of death was 10:04 true testament as to how close we were. I contacted a funeral home in Dallas called Lincoln Funeral home so they could help me get Charlie home. I didn't know who to call and to be honest I was thinking Lincoln Honest Abe. Big mistake. They told me it would cost $2,000 and if I did not claim him soon he would be buried in paupers grave.

We drove down to Dallas with $2,000 only to have the man say that it would now be $2,500. I was not happy I told the man you told us yesterday it was $2,000. I told him just because I am from Oklahoma does not mean I am stupid nor desperate. I will find another way- do not touch my sons body at the morgue.

We then had to go to the police station, the hospital, the wrecker service to collect Charlie's property. We then came back to Oklahoma City and I called Rolfe Funeral Home at N.E. 36th & I 35. They were so nice to me and agreed to take care of Charlie for $1,700 that was to have him cremated.

I couldn't afford a casket etc. When I saw Charlie laying on the table I fainted. After I came to, I pulled myself together to say goodbye. After the funeral I spent many days in his room in the dark just crying and listening to the stereo. I could not bear what I was going through so I took an overdose of Imipramine. I took 4,000 milligrams I never wanted to die so bad in all my life.

Now that you know all of this you can understand why I blame DHS for Charlie's death and why I am so scared for my grandson that they allowed to be abused while in their care. From my point of view- my way of thinking is not so irrational after all especially knowing that it has happened once before. - Dana

Oklahoma DHS Corruption



The Destruction Of My Family


AFFIDAVIT OF DANA JOHNETTE LAWHON
State of Oklahoma )
(
County of Oklahoma )
I swear before God all I say is true and factual.
1. I, Dana Johnette Lawhon state that on May 8, 2008, DHS employees AnTiffany McDanielFears went to the Holy Family Home in Midwest City, Oklahoma with Louella Brown.
2. They came in connection with a report filed for abuse on my daughter Emma.
3. She had fallen asleep with newborn Evan on her chest after feeding him.
4. When this occurred, Emma was on the couch watching TV with 5 other people- 2 members of
staff and 3 residents.
5. DHS employee Louella Brown stated “that there is not an active order to pick up this child
(Evan) but there will be when I get back.
6. I picked up Evan and Emma and took them home with me.
7. May 8, 2008 2:47 p.m.- AnTiffany calls me and says she wants to come to my house. I tell her
I get off at 5:00 and should be home by 5:30.
8. She then got rude and said “I want to come now I asked her what is so urgent it can’t wait 2 or
3 hours”. She then says where are you and I said “why”? She said well she has to work too. I said
so are you at home, and she said no I am at my office and I said well so am I- what gave you the
idea that I work out of my home?
9. Again she asked where I was and this time I told her I am inside the Holy Family Home picking
up Evan and Emma.
10. She immediately put me on hold. She called the home to let them know I was there and they
told her we know she is already inside. Then Louella Brown got on the phone and told me not to
worry that everything was fine and that they were not going to take Evan so I could leave them at
the Home.
11. I told her that I don’t trust you people you have already lied to me and I caught you at it so I
don’t trust you anymore. I will be taking Evan and Emma home with me. I told them I will not let
you do the same thing to my grandson that you did to my son. (See Exhibit 1 and Exhibit 2)
12. Once again she reassured me that everything was fine and as far as she was concerned the
investigation was over.
13. Then AnTiffany got on the phone again she was mad about what I had done and said she
needed to inspect my house.14. We finally agreed to meet at my house at 6:00 p.m. I took Evan and Emma home and went to
Wal-Mart to buy a bed. I told Emma that I would put the bassinet together on the porch so
AnTiffany would be sure to know which house was ours but she never showed up.
15. Around 10:30 or 11:00 a policeman showed up at the house his name was J. Pershica. He
said he had been sent there to check on Evan and that as long as Evan was fine nothing would
happen and he gave me his word.
16. He then called AnTiffany and told her that Evan was fine and she told him to pick Evan up. He
told her ma’am I can’t I do not have a legal valid reason to do so. She got very angry and he told
her again I can’t pick up this baby I have no legal reason, and she said if you don’t pick up that
baby I will find someone who will.
17. He then told me that she wanted to meet with me at 8:00 a.m. and it might be as late as 8:30.
He said if she is not here you call her she sounded kind of groggy I told him I understand she has
told me that she takes Amitriptyline, and it knocks her out at night.
18. He then told me to be careful that she seemed over zealous to him and that sooner or later
she would find a crooked cop or a rookie who doesn’t know the ropes that will give her what she
wants. Then he gave me his card he said to prove he was here and to let him know if I needed
anything.
19. Friday May 9, 2008 8:45 am- I called AnTiffany to see if she was still coming and she said
she didn’t know what I was talking about.
20. I reminded her of what she said to Officer Pershica of which she denied. I let her know that I
was standing right there and that she was hollering at him so loud I heard over the phone. She
then got madder and finally said she would be at my house between 9:00 & 9:30a.m.
21. When she got there she was mad that I bought a bassinet instead of a bed. I told her I
couldn’t get anybody to help me at Wal-Mart and I couldn’t carry the bed so I got what I could
carry. I am going later with a friend who has a truck to get a bed but this will do for now he is only
2 weeks old.
22. I called Officer Pershica and told him that AnTiffany was now saying that they never had an
agreement and could he sign a statement for me in case this gets bad. He told me he couldn’t do
that but that if something were needed later we could get his CAP notes.
23. Tuesday May 13, 2008- AnTiffany calls and tells me she is bringing a voucher for a bed
and said she wants Evan out of that bassinet ASAP
24. Thursday May 15, 2008- AnTiffany came by with the voucher for the bed and said I had
better get one this weekend. I tried to be nice and maybe see her soft side so I asked how she
liked being a caseworker. She told me it was great and nobody messes with her anymore. She is
real quick to let them know don’t mess with me I will destroy you. Then she gave me a look that
let me know she was talking to me. Then she said I am a DHS worker I can go into any home I
want and take their kid just because I want to.
25. Friday May 16, 2008- Went to Wal-Mart to get the bed and I still couldn’t get waited on
I was there for an hour and left.26. Monday May 19, 2008- I went to Wal-Mart again to get the bed I still couldn’t anybody to help
me with the bed so I paid for my groceries and left.
27. Wednesday May 21, 2008- I went to Wal-Mart again to try and get the bed I was there for 2
½ hours grabbing anybody that worked at Wal-Mart and asking for help.
28. I finally said that’s it I am calling AnTiffany and letting her know what is going on. I told her
let’s just forget the voucher and I will go to Target and buy it myself and she refused. She said
she would come over Saturday and take care of it. I told Emma after what she said the other day I
think she likes being mean so let’s let her be mean.
29. Saturday May 24, 2008- AnTiffany came by with the van to go get the bed she asked me if I
would watch Evan while she and Emma went to the store and I said sure would love to.
30. When she got to Wal-Mart she had the same problem I did only she lost it. She started
flashing her badge and telling them who she worked for and how she would pull their federal
funding. According to AnTiffany and Emma she made quite a scene she was still mad when
they got back with the bed. Her and Emma proceeded to tell me all about it she laughed about
flashing her badge and making them jump through hoops and then she said “I told ya girl people
don’t mess with me”.
31. June 23, 2008- Emma was told she would need to go to Midwest City for classes. We tried to
get them closer to the house because she doesn’t have a car but they refused. They told me they
would provide a ride from Sooner ride.
32. July 7, 2008- Sooner ride didn’t show so I paid someone $60.00 to take her back and forth all
week just in case Sooner ride doesn’t show. They took her Monday but then said they couldn’t do
it again after I already paid them. Mr. Shinn said don’t worry I will make sure Sooner ride shows
up of which they never did.
33. Monday July 14, 2008- AnTiffany tells Emma to apply for housing and tell them it is an
emergency so she will get a place faster and she did.
34. Friday July 18, 2008 10:00 am- AnTiffany comes to the door with the police. When they
knock on the door Emma opens it. She told the policeman take the baby so they chase Emma
through the house and rip Evan out of her arms and leave. I immediately start calling people to try
and get Evan back.
35. Monday July 21, 2008- we go to court for the first time. AnTiffany gives us a paper as to her
plan for Evan. In one of the boxes she writes adoption. I take the paper so Emma won’t see it and
now every time I talk to someone, the answer is always different as to why they took him.
36. AnTiffany said not to worry she would check on Evan everyday which she did not do I waited
for days to hear something.
37. Friday July 25, 2008- I find out Evan is in foster care. The foster parents (Gene and Misty
Herriott-Archey) said DHS brought Evan with no food and no diapers so I went and got some
and took it to them.38. My boss Steve Meador of Steve Meador & Associates, had a talk with me in the back. He said
AnTiffany called him and said I was talking to too many people. He told me to shut up, let it go,
leave it alone, and let them do what they want to before it affects your job. In other words I have to
choose between my grandson and what’s right, or my job.
39. Sunday July 27, 2008- AnTiffany called to let me know Evan was in foster care.
40. Wednesday July 30, 2008- I took Emma to court again. This time they say they need to do a drug
test of which we said was ok. We knew Emma didn’t do drugs so we weren’t worried.
41. The test came back positive 108+ for marijuana and that was at 2:00p.m. Emma was so mad and
kept promising me that she was clean and that she would do anything to prove it. I told her I am glad
you said that I know how to clear this up quick so I took her to S.O.S. which is the state appointed
drug testing facility and had her tested myself and paid extra to put her test results at the top of the
list.
42. The results were negative for everything and that was at 3:30p.m. That was when I had
proof something fishy was going on.
43. Thursday July 31, 2008- I quit my job. I had no other choice I was forced to quit my job that I
loved of 8 ½ years..
44. August 1, 2008- I found out AnTiffany has a criminal history, and pleaded with them for help.
I went to everybody in government to rectify this mistake- to no avail.
45. I decide to now let people really know what was going on.
46. August 18, 2008- Court again. This time AnTiffany is livid. I am wondering what she is going
to do to me next.
47. August 19, 2008- I get a call from OCCY they can’t find the arrest warrant for AnTiffany so I
told them I would bring them a copy. Charles Keys office wanted a copy too so I made several
and made sure they got to the people who needed them.
48. August 21, 2008- The foster parents (Gene & Misty) called to tell me Evan needs diapers so I
went and got some and took the diapers to them. I didn’t go in because I have not been given
permission from AnTiffany to be able to see him yet. I am on the go constantly I can’t sleep
anymore because of all the nightmares. They are either about AnTiffany or about Evan being hurt
I am so scared of what she is going to do to me but I have to fight for my grandson’s (Evan)
rights. I would like to just sell my house and leave town and never come back but then realistically
who would be here for Emma & Evan?
49. September 4, 2008 Eugene Archey called and told me DHS is going to give Evan to his
daddy Robin even though he is a convicted felon and has already tried to kill Evan once before.
Today was my last day to my Red Cross volunteer work for the Hurricane Gustav victims they are
all going home today.
50. September 18, 2008 Updated Adoption bill passes in the House and passed the Senate now
the children who are taken are worth twice what they were just last week.
51. September 22, 2008 I got a different job working at a car lot.52. September 28, 2008 We went to court again now we have to only deal with Yvonne Green.
AnTiffany seems to be no longer involved in Evan’s case. Yvonne wanted to see the paperwork I
had on AnTiffany especially the arrest warrant. She said she was going to help us make things
right. Later on Yvonne and Emma went to see the judge and now Emma has lost all her visitation- so
much for Yvonne’s help. Emma also said that I needed to take her back to the juvenile center
again tomorrow so she could be arrested. The Judge walked up behind her and told her do you
want to go to jail today instead?
53. September 29, 2008 AnTiffany lies to Judge Shaw and tells him I threatened to shoot her so I
was thrown out of the Juvenile Center and told not to come back or even pull in the parking lot or
I would be arrested. I called AnTiffany to let her know what an ingenious plan that was to lie to the
judge so I could no longer go to court and help Emma.
54. October 1, 2008 1:00 p.m. A sheriff shows up at my house to serve me with a VPO. I don’t
understand and I am confused. A little while later a Midwest City policeman calls and tells me I
violated the VPO that I had just been served with. I explain to him that I have been home all day
and he says that I called AnTiffany which I did not do. He is filing a report and now I will have to
go to court. I guess she wasn’t kidding when she said she would destroy me.
55. October 2, 2008 I had to put the dog to sleep today the stress of all this finally got to him he
made it through Charlie’s death he just couldn’t do round two with Evan. I know how he feels I
wonder if I will make it. I can’t sleep anymore not knowing when she will show up or what she will
do. My house is no longer mine I can’t stay here anymore anyway.
56. October 8, 2008 AnTiffany showed up at my house today she sat in the driveway for 15
minutes but I wouldn’t go outside then she backed out and parked in front of the house for a few
minutes I still did not open the door. Robin went to Emma’s work and threatened beat her up
again.
57. October 10, 2008 Emma called Yvonne Green to see if she could have pictures taken with
Evan. Yvonne refused and told Emma as soon as you can supply a clean drug test you can see
Evan however since they are doctoring them it won’t happen.
58. October 20, 2008 Dickie called to let me know they have issued a warrant for my arrest she
told me not to worry that she would take care of it. She came by and we went to the jail and I let
Dickie take care of the situation for me. I was released and given a court date for December 11,
2008.
59. October 21, 2008 I went to court on the VPO I didn’t really get a chance to tell my side of the
story. I felt like the Judge (Don Easter) had already made up his mind about me without even
hearing any of my evidence. He doesn’t even care that she has been following me and camping
out at my house in her car. I am really scared now the judge has given AnTiffany free reign to do
what ever she wants to do to me. So my friend Patsie Thornbrough told me to check myself in to
the Crisis Center and I did. I was told to call Adult Protective Services to see if they could help
me. They said they would come and talk to me but they never did. When I got home a few days
later I called them once again I was told they would come and see me but they never did.60. October 28, 2008 Dickie called and said they have issued another warrant for my arrest. She
said they must have gotten mad that I got out so quick the last time because this time it is a NO
BOND warrant which means once I am arrested I will be held until they decide to release me. I
talked to Ann again with Adult Protective Services she said she needed to check on some stuff
and would call me back but never did. I was followed on my way home from work again. I kept
turning down roads just to make sure and the gold Honda stayed right with me. I finally managed
to lose them in traffic when they got stuck at a red light. I pulled off and parked behind a building
got out and watched the Honda drive by then I knew they had lost track of me. I went around the
building got back in my car and took another way home. I now park my car at a friends so nobody
knows when I am home and won’t bother me.
61. November 3, 2008 Becky Quinton called to talk to me about my case and how I need to leave
things alone because I don’t know what is really going on. I told her I know I saw that today in
Judge Easter’s courtroom. He had me guilty without even hearing my evidence but I still won’t
give up. Becky got mad at me and started ranting on and then she let it slip that Steve Meador
had called Don Easter the morning before court and they talked about my case. I couldn’t believe
Steve would go behind my back and have me railroaded in court but she said she was in his
office when he made the call.
62. November 8, 2008 I went to the church for neighborhood business on the way home I was
followed again by 2 police officers. The neighbors have been telling me that they just sit at the
end of the block a lot and just watch my house. It seems like I get followed everywhere now.
63. November 13, 2008 I went to my last pool tournament tonight as soon as I pulled away from
the parking lot the police were on me. He told me I made an illegal left hand turn on 32nd. Then
he asked how much have you had to drink and I told him 3 Coca-Cola’s but I will be glad to take a
test. Then he tried to tell me I was speeding and I told him no I was not I know the speed limit on
this street by heart I travel it everyday. Then he said he was writing me a ticket for an illegal left
hand turn. I asked him are you sure you want to do that and he said yes why would you ask that.
That is when I told him that you can’t turn left on 32nd it is a dead end because of the creek I just
didn’t want you to look bad sir. That is when he wrote me a ticket for an illegal right hand turn and
that is when I told him well now you can call your friends at DHS and let them know what a good
job you have done. The ticket was later dismissed so I did get some justice in this whole mess.
64. November 16, 2008 The police are at my house at least twice a day now but they still don’t
come to arrest me yet. I called my teams and told them that I would not be playing competitive
pool anymore because the police will not live me alone. I also withdrew my volunteer position with
the Red Cross I didn’t figure they would appreciate the police escort I would be getting. This
woman has now taken everything from me I have nothing left but my life and she is working very
hard at making sure that goes away too.
65. November 28, 2008 A county sheriff comes to my house to arrest me and off to jail we go. I
am forced to stay there until December 11, 2008 when I am released. While I was in jail I had a
woman threaten to kill me, and I lost my job. I see now AnTiffany is never going to leave me alone.
66. December 25, 2008 I have finally had enough of this what is now everyday harassment so I
have decided instead of letting them kill me I will do it myself. I was about there when a man saw
me and called the police. I didn’t seem him until I was ready to jump and he hollered at me. I told
him to just go away and while I was talking to him and pleading with him to go away the police
showed up. I was taken once again to the Crisis Center where things just got worse from there.67. December 30, 2008 They took me to a hearing at the hospital they want me to volunteer to
be committed and I refused. So they took me to see the Judge who turned out to be (Don Easter).
I told him I would not volunteer to be committed and he let me know that he was the judge and he
would make the decisions. I told him yes sir I know how you do that sort of thing just like you did
with my VPO hearing. He said he did not remember me and that is when I let him know about the
phone call between him and Steve Meador. He tried to cover his tracks and I told him don’t bother
I already know the truth. He then recused himself from my hearing and said I would have to wait
for another judge.
68. January 2, 2008 They suddenly decided to release me and judge Easter signed off on it.
69. February 2, 2008 Emma goes to court and is told by Jacyln Rivera (on behalf of the DA’s
office) that she is not allowed to associate with me anymore or they will not let her see Evan
anymore. Emma also said that before she can have home visits with Evan they will need to come
check her apartment to make sure that I am not there or anywhere around. A week later I went
into hiding so that nobody could find me including Emma.
70. June 18, 2008 My Public Defender finally called me he told me that he didn’t think he could
defend me because it was AnTiffany’s word against mine. The fact that she works for DHS makes
her more credible even though she has a criminal record and the only thing on me is what they
have fabricated. So far I have been asked to plead out 7 times when I refused again today he told
me that the ADA was then going to split my two cases and have it postponed until October, 2009.
I asked him what happened to the jury trial I was promised for the 22nd of June. He said he would
talk to the ADA and call me tomorrow which he never did. He should have asked for a dismissal if
the state didn’t have enough evidence to proceed but then he would only do that if he were truly
trying to defend me.
All statements herein are truthful, sworn testimony, before God, as stated.
June 20, 2009
______________________________________
Dana Johnette Lawhon
3920 S.W. 23
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Exhibits 1, 2

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your misery. I pray you get back your grandchild

    ReplyDelete