Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Real Pro-Life Heroes: Courageous Woman Refuses Abortion | LifeNews.com

Real Pro-Life Heroes: Courageous Woman Refuses Abortion | LifeNews.com

I received a moving response to my post last week and the author requested I share her story through the blog.

I hope and pray that others who read this are inspired by this young woman’s courageous choice in the face of great adversity. She is a pro-life hero and here is her story.

Hello,

I was reading your “choose life” column and I was wondering if you could post my story of choosing life.

I was 14 years old when I conceived my son. I was in a relationship with a 16 year old guy who had already had one son who he didn’t see much. I figured since he already had a child, he was mature. It turned out he was very controlling and abusive, so I decided to leave him. Two days after my15th birthday, I found out I was pregnant. I was so scared and confused but he said he’d be there and take care of everything.

Just three weeks later, he told me he wanted nothing to do with me and I haven’t seen him since. I hadn’t told my father or older sister yet, and the child’s father wasn’t my way out anymore. I had no clue what to do.

When I was about 9 weeks pregnant, my high school called my dad and told him. My sister came storming in my room telling me she’d drive me to an abortion clinic, but I refused. For the next two weeks, I was told I’d have to move and was threatened to be pushed down the stairs and beat up by my sister if I didn’t abort the baby. Finally I cracked and agreed; my sister had had an abortion and if it was so bad she would tell me and not want the same for me, right?

I spent the next couple days crying and depressed. I came to the conclusion I was in love with this little baby inside me, and he would be my whole word soon. I was scared to tell my sister so I drove to the clinic with her. They took us into an interview room and a woman who worked there asked me why I came to the clinic.

Before I could get a word out, my sister told them I wanted an abortion. I started to cry. I think the lady sensed what was going on and told my sister to leave the room. She asked me if I wanted this. I told her no, but added that I thought I had to. Then she told me that the medical staff was going to ask me if I wanted this, and if I didn’t say yes, they wouldn’t do it. I asked her if it was a baby and if the baby would feel it. She told me, no, it wasn’t really a baby yet and it would not feel pain.

I thought about it one last time, and ran out of the clinic. I told my sister she had to get over it or she wouldn’t be in my life. On November 3rd, I had my beautiful baby boy via c-section and am living with my dad with his support, and returning to school next year. I am so in love with my baby. I cry at the thought of ever even thinking about ending his life. I thank God everyday for helping me see the light through the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment