Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Monday, July 12, 2010

Aware of Grandparents Rights!

Aware of Grandparents Rights!


Grandparents in every state in the United States have rights. Natures of Grandparents’ Rights are not constitutional and they do not exist in Common Law. Recognition of these Grandparents’ Rights by State Legislatures is a fresh trend. Most of the acts have been in effect from nearly 35 years.
Grandparents Rights are primarily based on State Laws and so Federal legislation may affect Grandparents’ Rights. In 1980, Congress has passed Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act. According to that each State should give full faith and credit to the custody of child decrees from other states. In 1998, Federal legislation passed legislation that courts in each State recognize and enforce grandparental visitation orders from courts in other States. All States have approved a version of Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), formerly known as Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction act.

UCCJEA is not a Federal Statute but the provisions of this uniform law is adopted in each state are similar.

Though in the best interest of child, Courts grants Grandparents Rights like visitation or custody to grand parents only when they agree for some conditions under their State Statutes. Conditions for a grandparent to attain custody are different from those conditions required for visitation rights.

Familiarity with the conditions of either custody or visitation is important before grandparents file a petition of request from a court of law.

http://grandparentrights.posterous.com/aware-of-grandparents-rights

4 comments:

  1. Hi there I do not understand how a parent can walk out of a kids life for 6 years and then come and uproot a kid from the onley home that they know my son came and took my grandson from me and my wife and he doses not even know his dad all he knows is me and my wife and all the lawers care about is the money and we fell that no one cares about the best intres of the kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're exactly right. Nobody cares about the best interests of the children. All they see is $$$$$$$$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i live in what i think is a small town in oklahoma.i was fighting for my daughter to come back home because d h s took her because . i was haveing trouble with neibor sitting outside drinking partingi told him keep it inside ,kid in apt. complex this was there play ground .when he had to move he called d h s told a lie they come like always took oklahoma city hospitl then to child dr,clean billhealth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. approve that dhs take a test prove im not crazy i dont take sike med.my past haunt me onley trouble dhs drag it up. when my wife found out she was pregnet my life change.my baby girl was a late in life for me i was forty one when she was born proudes day in my life there more to this not enough space to put it all.deprive_ is a word dhs dont have explain,called okc ok dhs that what the top man at dhs told me.now trying to get my rites back after my lawer didnt have my wittnes dhs court room full me zero i wasnt going to win new lawer pray i getround two an win.(jacklyn grace arnold daddy love you)

    ReplyDelete