Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Obese father's only ‘crime’ is that he isn’t the best possible parent

Obese father's only ‘crime’ is that he isn’t the best possible parent: Marni Soupcoff | Full Comment | National Post:

On Wednesday, an obese Ottawa man learned that his worst fears had come true: He is being denied custody of his two sons, in part because of his weight.


The very strong presumption in all other cases, however, must be that children belong with their biological parents. Not the parents that would do the best job at meeting their needs if selected from the entire pool of parents available in the whole wide world. The humble and imperfect parents they were born to, no matter how fat or messy or impolitic those parents might be. The courts have no business trying to engineer perfect families.

3 comments:

  1. We all know how that works out when the court try to play God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me get this straight. The man had his kids taken away because of anger issues and being obese. He completes an anger management class, and has lost a significant amount of weight. He can now function and take care of his kids. He goes to court to get his kids back, after addressing the issues which led to the kids' placement. The judge compliments the man on his efforts. Now the judge won't allow the man to have his kids back. Shame on the judge. This is not justice for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it isn't justice. Now the Judge is giving him the runaround that custody of his children will interfere with his diet and exercise program. How ignorant. They're all alike. I was told by Nashua DCYF I wouldn't be able to take care of my grandchildren because I'm always on the computer. I told them to thank themselves for that because I didn't even know how to us the computer when they illegally stole my grandchildren. I told them I no longer have my grandchildren to tend to and enjoy and if I did, I wouldn't have all this spare time. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Payback!

      Delete