Unbiased Reporting

What I post on this Blog does not mean I agree with the articles or disagree. I call it Unbiased Reporting!

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly

Isabella Brooke Knightly and Austin Gamez-Knightly
In Memory of my Loving Husband, William F. Knightly Jr. Murdered by ILLEGAL Palliative Care at a Nashua, NH Hospital

Friday, December 31, 2010

Teen pregnancy in foster care

Teen pregnancy in foster care | NYU News & Doc: "Life has been lonely for Shaniqua since April when her 1-year-old daughter was placed in foster care by the New York Administration for Children Services. Since then, she has spent every night without the one person she loves the most. However, family separation is nothing new for this young mom. She has been in and out of foster care herself since she was 14-years-old.

“I still go through it, I still find myself crying at night, and my mother get’s upset because she knows. She went through the same thing with me, and my twin brother. I can’t just pick up the phone and say ‘hey, where’s my baby, how is she doing?’ or talk to her.”

Shaniqua, whose name cannot be fully identified for privacy reasons, is now 20 and living in a group home provided by the New York Foundling Hospital, which provides services for young women and their babies. She will age out next year, but in the meantime is fighting to get custody of her child."

No comments:

Post a Comment